Turn in Applications to:

Please email completed applications to:




or mail to 


Carpinteria Unified School District

c/o Michelle Hernandez

1400 Linden Ave.

Carpinteria, CA 93013

Meal Applications


Alternate Meal Program Application


The Alternate Meal (previously free/reduced priced meal) Program affects a variety of areas unrelated to school meals, including school funding, discounted programs, and access to supplementary services. Even if your child doesn’t plan to eat school lunches, it is important to fill out the Alternate Meal Program (AMP) application to ensure our schools and families receive all available resources.

Each qualifying AMP application increases CUSD’s funding over the next 3 years, allowing Carpinteria Unified to continue providing services to ALL students:

· Access to social and emotional support for students, which is, and will continue to be, crucial for our students who are in the midst of a variety of stressors, including isolation, social injustice concerns, and academic pressures

· A family support liaison who provides support and guidance to families based on need including Spanish translation, interpretation, and connection to district and community-based services, resources, and assistance (i.e. tutoring, counseling, parent education, etc.)

Factors considered in the application process are household size and total household income.

HOUSEHOLD SIZE is considered all persons, related or unrelated: Including parents, children, grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses.

TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME is the income each household member received last month before taxes - this includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.

Foster children are categorically eligible for free meal benefits. An application is not needed yet there does need to be documentation of status by a state or local entity familiar with the child's status. Foster children may be included in the household application as part of the household size.


All families must complete an Alternate Meal Application form at the begining of each school year. Please complete a "Alternate Meal Application". "Spanish Alternate Meal Application".  The forms can be obtained and returned (completed) to any school office. 

Only complete one application per family.  This information will be used for state or federally funded school benefits.